To facilitate the participation of veteran students and in accordance with the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, title 38 U.S. C. sec 3579(e), Norwich University enacts the following policy:
Norwich University will permit any covered individual* to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides to the Norwich University School Certifying Official a certificate of eligibility of entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 (a "certificate of eligibility" can also include a "state of Benefits" obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) website-eBenefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form for chapter 31 authorization purposes) and ending on the earlier of the following dates:
- The date on which payment form VA is made to the institution.
- Ninety days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility.
Norwich University will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrows additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual's inability to meet his or financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement funding from VA under chapter 31 or 33.
In addition, Norwich University requires that a covered individual:
- Submit a certificate of edibility for entitlement to educational assistance no later than the first day of a course of education.
- Students are required to pay any fee or payment not covered by the Student's VA benefit disbursement.
* Covered Individual is any individual who is entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or chapter 33, Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits.