Master of Science in Business Analytics
Interim Program Director: Ahmed Hamed
The Master of Science in Business Analytics provides students with strong quantitative and data analysis training. Private business, non-profit entities, and government agencies are in increasing need of professionals with advanced mathematical, statistical, and computational skills that can process, understand, and analyze vast amounts of data. Coursework in the M.S. in Business Analytics program will include quantitative modeling, operations management, data mining, big data, and network and infrastructure management.
The Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA), seeks to provide successful graduates with the following skills and competencies:
- skills in research methodology, specifically quantitative analysis.
- the ability to identify and apply the fundamental concepts of statistics, data analysis, quantitative modeling, simulation and optimization to solve unique problems,
- the ability to analyze data comprehensively and apply it to managerial decision making,
- data handling and database management in practical applications,
- the application of big data modeling using current business software, tools and techniques,
- competence in with modern data mining using simulations and reporting,
- understanding of the need for legal governance and ethics as it applies to business decision making
- the ability to produce quality products to influence and inform business practices, including reports, demonstrations and presentations.
|BA 500||Applied Regression with Research Methods||3|
|BA 501||Problem Solving in Applied Data Science||3|
|BA 514||Information Visualization and Communication||3|
|BA 515||Governance, Security, Risks and Ethics in Business Analytics||3|
|BA 570||Data, Models and Effective Organizational Decisions||3|
|BA 510||Predictive Analytics, Relational Database, & Data Transformation||3|
|BA 512||Data Mining for Predictive Decision Making||3|
|BA 513||Big Data, Business Process and Enterprise Analytics||3|
|BA 511||Prescriptive Analytics, Non-Relational Database, & Location Based Data||3|
|BA 571||Practicum in Business Analytics||3|