Dean: William H. Clements
Associate Dean of Continuing Studies: Mark L. Parker
The College of Graduate and Continuing Studies (CGCS) is committed to lifelong and experiential learning in a distance education delivery format. The college is built on a rigorous academic environment emphasizing interactive classes, mentoring relationships with faculty, extensive hands-on learning and application to the workplace or real-world challenges, consistent with the vision of Norwich University founder, Alden Partridge, and his experiential approach to education. A wide variety of teaching tools is available to both faculty and students, with easy access to the resources available through the Norwich University online library.
At the undergraduate level, the college offers online bachelor’s degree-completion programs intended for students with experience in the public and private sectors of the workplace, including current and former active-duty military personnel. These programs consist of the final 60 or 90 credits needed for the bachelor’s degree (in certain programs students with 30 prior credits are eligible to be admitted and to take prerequisite and general education courses in preparation for the upper-level course work). Courses are eight weeks in length and are asynchronous, allowing students to access their virtual classrooms and complete their work at any time and from almost any location. Undergraduate online classes are taught in an interactive fashion by faculty who have both academic credentials and substantive professional experience in their disciplines.
The college offers the following bachelor's degree-completion programs:
- Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Management Studies
- Bachelor of Science in National Security Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Strategic Studies & Defense Analysis (admission limited to Special Operations Forces of the U.S. armed forces)