Financial Aid, Planning

Norwich University is an approved institution for Title IV Federal Student Aid programs such as the Federal Pell Grant, Direct Loans, Federal Work-Study, and Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant. Norwich students receive funding from a variety of federal, state, local, private and institutional programs. Norwich students also receive funding based on their own, or their parent’s military service; or from scholarships offered by organizations outside the University.   

Students with questions about the financial aid application process or available programs may contact the Office of Financial Aid for assistance via e-mail at, or by phone at (802) 485-2850. Norwich Awards are offered on a funds-available basis, and all students who apply are evaluated for eligibility. Eligibility is determined by a number of factors and students will receive the award(s) for which they are most eligible. Norwich awards and other financial aid may pay for tuition, fees, room and board, as well as other university expenses. 

All US citizens, permanent residents and eligible non-citizens are encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year of enrollment. Additional information for eligible non-citizens may be found on the FAFSA website. The FAFSA may be filed online each year starting October 1 for the next award year.

International students seeking first time enrollment in programs offered at the Northfield, Vermont campus only, are encouraged to file the International CSS Profile prior to their entry term of enrollment. The International CSS Profile will assist Norwich University in determining eligibility for institutional need-based grant funding.

Students are invited to review the Financial Aid website for additional information about specific aid programs, key eligibility requirements, and federal rules and regulations.