Financial Aid

This is an archived copy of the 2017-18 Catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit

Norwich students receive funding from a variety of government and institutional programs.   In addition to University funded grants and scholarships, students may utilize their eligibility for Federal Student Aid Program funding toward their enrollment costs.   Norwich students also receive funding based on their own, or their parent’s, military service; or from “outside scholarships” available through local community organizations.   Norwich University is an approved institution for programs such as the Federal Pell Grant, Stafford Loan, Perkins Loan, Work Study, and Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant.

All US Citizens and Permanent Residents are encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid for each year of enrollment.   Information about Federal Student Aid Program eligibility for non-citizens may also be found on the FAFSA website.  The majority of aid received by our students is the result of FAFSA filing.  The FAFSA may be filed online each year at

Students are encouraged to review our Applying for Financial Aid and Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress sections for additional information about key eligibility topics.

Students with questions about the financial aid application process or available programs may contact the Student Financial Planning Office for assistance via e-mail at, or by phone at (802) 485-3015.

Programs for Veterans and Military Service Members

Yellow Ribbon Program:  Norwich University is a participating member of the Department of Defense Yellow Ribbon program which helps ensure veteran benefit eligible students receive full consideration for funding.   Students utilizing Post 9/11 Veteran Benefits at the 100% qualification level based on years of service receive a combination of VA and Yellow Ribbon resources at a level that covers 100% of their tuition and fee costs.   To learn more about education benefit programs for veterans and the Yellow Ribbon Program, visit the US Veteran's Administration website,

HEROES Act:  The Higher Education Relief Opportunities for Students (HEROES) Act of 2003 (Public Law 108-76) is intended to ensure that service members who are receiving Federal Student Aid Program funding are not adversely affected because of their military status and to minimize the administrative burden placed on such individuals.   The HEROES Act provides opportunity for colleges and universities to manage Federal aid program requirements differently for service members, their spouses, and their dependents if their ability to comply with standard requirements is hindered by their active duty military status.  Administrative relief may be provided related to income used for eligibility calculations, required documentation, required signatures, student loan collection activities, Satisfactory Academic Progress expectations and others.

Potentially affected individuals are encouraged to contact the Student Financial Planning Office or their Direct Loan service agent if they feel that their individual or family situation may qualify them for administrative relief based on HEROES Act provisions.  Affected individuals include the following as well as their spouses and dependents:

1. Active duty military personnel serving during a war, military operation or national emergency declared by the President.

2. Members of the National Guard performing a qualifying duty (i.e., called to active service by the President or Secretary of Defense for a period of more than 30 consecutive days) during a war, military operation or national emergency declared by the President.

3. People who reside or are employed in an area declared a disaster area by any Federal, State or local official in connection with a national emergency declared by the President.

4. People who suffer economic hardship as a result of a war, military operation, or national emergency declared by the President.

Applying for Financial Aid

Merit Scholarships:
All new and transfer students accepted for enrollment in programs offered at the Northfield, Vermont residential campus are considered for Norwich University merit scholarships.   Scholarship reviews are based on academic information provided through the Admissions application process.  The student must provide scores from the SAT or ACT standardized tests to be considered for our highest award, the Presidential Scholarship.  Merit awards are provided to both domestic and international students.    Awards are only provided to full-time enrollment students.

For 2016-17, merit awards for new students range from $10,000 to $24,000 per year.   The awards are renewable for up to 4 years of enrollment as long as the student achieves and maintains the required cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) for renewal based on their scholarship criteria.   Below are the merit scholarship renewal requirements for our most common merit awards.   Students are notified of their specific cumulative GPA requirements through the annual award notification process.

  • Presidential Scholarship, 3.0
  • Dean Scholarship, 2.75
  • Recognition Scholarship, 2.25

Merit scholarship renewal is based on review of cumulative GPA at the end of Spring Semester each year.  Students who do not meet these criteria receive a warning notice when they are below standard at the time of the review.  If the scholarship is suspended based on subsequent term grades, the student is notified and provided the opportunity to file a Petition for Reinstatement of their merit awards.  The Petition should describe the reason why the student is not meeting the expected standards and what actions they are taking to improve their academic performance as needed to reach and maintain the required GPA for renewal.

ROTC Scholarships:
Norwich University students receiving ROTC tuition scholarships are provided room and board funding through our I. D. White Scholarship program.  For the 2015-16 award year, students with Army or Navy ROTC scholarships also received 100% coverage of tuition and fees.   Marine Corps ROTC awards are housed within the Navy ROTC category.   Air Force ROTC scholarship recipients were provided $18,000 toward their tuition and fee expenses for the 2015-16 award year from ROTC and additional Norwich University Service Award funding toward their tuition expenses.  These award levels are expected to remain the same for the 2016-17 award year.

Students who become eligible for ROTC funding after being notified of their initial merit scholarship and grant eligibility will have their Norwich gift aid funding revised.  Students do not retain their merit scholarship in addition to their ROTC, I. D. White, Service Award, and Pell Grant funding.

ROTC Scholarship determinations are made by military service branch ROTC administrators, not the Norwich University Student Financial Planning Office.   Students seeking more information about ROTC scholarships or details about how to apply for them may contact their local armed services recruitment office or one of the service branch ROTC offices located on the Norwich University campus.   ROTC award values are also determined by the military service branches and may be changed by the service branches without notice to Norwich University.

Norwich University I. D. White Scholarship funding is not provided toward Study Abroad program participation unless the Study Abroad period is an academic degree attainment requirement.

Federal, State, and Institutional Grants:

Domestic Students:    All US Citizens and Permanent Residents are encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each year of enrollment at Norwich University.   A list of alternative statuses for being considered an “eligible non-citizen” for Federal Student Aid Program purposes may be found online at the FAFSA website,

In addition to determining eligibility for Federal Student Aid Programs such as the Federal Pell Grant and Stafford Loan, the FAFSA is also used to determine eligibility for need-based grants from the student’s state of origin and Norwich University.  The FAFSA should be filed for each year of enrollment at Norwich University and the student must be in Good Standing based on financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress policies to remain eligible.

Citizens and eligible non-citizens who do not file the FAFSA may only be considered for loans that are not need-based, such as the Federal PLUS Loan for parents, the unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan for students, or non-Federal education loans through private lenders.   In these cases the student must provide a signed statement of indicating that they do not intend to file the FAFSA and that they understand they are not eligible for need-based Federal Student Aid Program funding without filing the FAFSA.  They must also sign a Federal Statement of Educational Purpose and depending on the desired loan program may be asked to provide documentation to confirm citizenship, Selective Service registration status, or other items that are normally confirmed through FAFSA filing.

International Students:   International students may also apply for need-based grant funding from Norwich University.   Students must file our International Student Financial Aid Application for each year of enrollment and the student must be in Good Standing based on financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress policies to remain eligible.

Online Graduate Students:   Students are considered for a variety of gift aid awards based on their application to the graduate programs.   “Military Scholarships” of up to $1,200 per year are available to active duty service personnel.  The award total is divide by the number of terms in the students program.    “Alumni Scholarships” of up to $2,500 throughout enrollment are available to Norwich University alumni or their spouses.   Recent Norwich graduates are also considered for the “Distinguished Scholarship” program.   Students selected by the Program Director may also be awarded the “CISSP Scholarship” of up to $5,000 throughout enrollment.   

Online Graduate Students are also encouraged to file the FAFSA for each year that they would like to be considered for unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan or Federal GradPLUS Loan eligibility.  The Federal Stafford Loan Program may provide up to $20,500 in loan funding for each year of enrollment, and the GradPLUS Loan is available to help cover additional expenses above the level of funding provided by the Stafford Loan Program.  

Outside Scholarships, Veterans Benefits and Employer Reimbursements:
Receipt of funds in excess of $5,000 from a source such as “Outside Scholarships”, Veterans Benefits, or Employee Reimbursement programs may cause your Norwich University gift awards to be adjusted.  The first $5,000 received will be applied toward any remaining unmet need per FAFSA filing data, and then toward reducing the student’s loan or work expectation.  In some cases, the outside scholarship may reduce eligibility for need-based "self-help" programs aid such as Federal Subsidized Stafford Loans, Federal Work Study or Federal Perkins Loans as expected by Federal Student Aid Program regulations.

Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan Limit for First Time Borrowers after July 1, 2013:
For first-time borrowers on or after July 1, 2013, there is a limit on the maximum period of time (measured in academic years) that students can receive Federal Subsidized Stafford Loans.  This time limit does not apply to Federal Unsubsidized Stafford or Federal PLUS Loans.  

In summary, students may not receive Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans for more than 150 percent of the published length of their current academic program.   This is called “maximum eligibility period.”   Maximum eligibility period is based on the published length of a program of study according to the University's catalog.  For example, students enrolled in a four-year Bachelor’s degree program, the maximum period Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans is six years (150% of four years = six years).  

Because the maximum eligibility period is based on the length of a student's current program of study, the maximum eligibility period can change if a student changes to a program that has a different length.   When students receive Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans and then change to another program, the Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans received for the earlier program will generally count toward the new “maximum eligibility period.”   For example: Students who begin enrollment in a bachelor degree program and complete three years of study before transferring to an associate's degree program will not be eligible for Subsidized Stafford Loans for the remaining period of enrollment toward the associate's degree because they have already been enrolled for 150% of the time needed to receive an associate's degree (150% of a two year associate's degree time-frame equals three years of enrollment)

For additional details, students and their families are encouraged to review the US Department of Education’s Entrance Counseling Addendum and other information available at

Award Years: 
For programs offered on-campus and for online undergraduate degree completion programs, the FAFSA award year begins with Fall Semester and runs through the following Summer Semester (ex: Fall 2016 through Summer 2017).   For online graduate degree programs, the FAFSA award year begins with Summer Semester and runs through the following Spring Semester (ex: Summer 2016 through Spring 2017).

Financial Aid Census Date:
The Student Financial Planning Office uses the last day of the Add-Drop period for each term as the financial aid Census Date.   This description applies to all academic programs and means that all students’ financial aid for each term will be finalized to reflect the level of eligibility based on the number of degree required credits the student is enrolled in at the end of the last day of the add/drop period each term.

Students initially awarded at full time status will have their awards adjusted downward if they are confirmed to be in below full time status (12 semester credits), and students will be reviewed for award increases if they have added the credits needed to become full time, at the end of add/drop period.

Because there are different program-specific academic calendars based on type of NU degree program (undergraduate campus-based, online undergraduate degree-completion, or online graduate degree), students are advised to refer to their program specific academic calendar for the specific add/drop dates for their program of study.

Part-time and Summer Funding:
Norwich University grants and scholarships are provided to support full time enrollment during the Fall and Spring Semesters of programs offered on-campus.    These grants are not provided toward part-time enrollment, Summer Session enrollment, or enrollment in online program classes.   Part-time and summer students are encouraged to contact the Student Financial Planning Office to discuss eligibility or student loan funds for part-time or Summer enrollment.    Students typically apply for Federal PLUS Loan or non-Federal education loan to help meet part-time and Summer Semester costs.

Study Abroad:
Students may utilize their Federal Student Aid Program (Pell Grant, Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans, etc.) and State Grant program funding to help pay for Study Abroad experiences that fill either required credits or Free Elective credits for their degree program.  Study Abroad programs are typically hosted by colleges and universities located outside of the United States.

Norwich University merit scholarships and need-based grants are only provided toward Study Abroad expenses when the experience is required for the student’s degree program.   As of July 2016, the only two academic programs are International Studies and Chinese.   When Study Abroad is necessary to meet a degree requirement for graduation, the student will retain their institutional merit and need-based funding at a level that reflects a proportionate value of funds based on comparison between the Study Abroad program cost and the cost of attending on campus. 

Institutional scholarships and gift aid resources are not provided to students in Study Abroad programs that are not required for degree completion.   Optional Study Abroad programs, which only meet Free Elective credit requirements are only eligible for Federal or State aid funding.

ROTC Scholarship students do not receive the I.D. White Scholarship for room and board unless ROTC funding is also approved for the Study Abroad program.

This policy also applies when students are taking courses via “Study Away” scenarios at colleges and universities located within the United States where the student is taking courses that will transfer back to their Norwich degree program.   As of July 2016, there are zero academic programs that require students to “Study Away”.

Change of Housing Location:
When students live on campus they are awarded institutional gift aid at a level that considers the total Cost of Attendance including that the student is being directly billed by the college for room and board.    When students who begin enrollment in on-campus housing move to off-campus housing, institutional gift aid is reduced so that the total of their gift aid awards cover a similar proportion of the student’s direct charges when compared to the student’s on campus gift aid eligibility.  This is because students living off-campus are only billed for tuition and fee expenses.

Only the student’s need-based awards from the college are adjusted:   students remain eligible for their full merit scholarship funding.   Students remain eligible for the same level of Federal Pell Grant and State gift aid whether they are living on campus or off campus.

Similarly, when an off-campus housing student moves to on-campus housing, their awards may be reviewed to determine if the student qualifies for an increase in gift aid funding based on their updated financial need including consideration that they will be billed for room and board charges by the University.

Students interested in learning how a change in housing status will impact their financial aid may contact the Student Financial Planning Office for assistance.

Impact of Disciplinary Procedures on Financial Aid Eligibility:
Students dismissed or suspended from the college due to Student Honor Code or other disciplinary violations may be permanently suspended from receipt of institutional grants and scholarships.  This suspension of institutional aid applies regardless of their ability to be re-admitted to the college and regardless of their eligibility to retain Federal or State financial aid funding after re-admission.

Financial Aid Disbursements:
Federal, State, and institutional grant funds are automatically credited to student billing accounts at the start of each term after student eligibility and planned enrollment is confirmed.   Federal Student Loan Program funds cannot be authorized for disbursement until students have accepted the awards and completed all documentation requirements (examples:  Federal Income/Household Verification, Federal Direct Stafford and Federal Perkins Loan Promissory Notes, Direct Loan Entrance Counseling). 

Financial aid funding will appear as anticipated aid on the billing statement until funds disburse at the start of each semester.   Receiving a Financial Aid Award Letter does not mean that a bill is paid in full.  It is students' responsibility to compare their financial aid to their Bursar Office billing account and to understand when additional payment will be needed to clear their balance due.

Students who do not begin enrollment in any classes are not eligible for any financial aid that may have shown as anticipated aid on the billing statement.    Students who receive a credit balance refund from their financial aid who subsequently do not begin any of their classes will be required to immediately repay the amount of financial aid received either to Norwich University or to the US Department of Education.

Total Withdrawal From All Classes:
Students are responsible for initiating full withdraw from the University through the formal withdraw process which is managed through the Center for Student Success (on-campus) or through their Academic Services Adviser (CGCS online graduate and degree-completion).   By following the formal process, students receive the best possible information regarding the impact of withdraw on their enrollment services such as ability to re-enroll and how to renew financial aid eligibility.   This also provides the college opportunity to work with the student to identify the best information about the students last date of academic activity.    Students who do not officially withdraw are subject to the same impacts as those who follow withdraw procedures and the college works to identify the student's last date of academic activity based on the best available information from the student’s instructors.

Students who do not begin attendance in any classes are not eligible for any financial aid for the term.  If a student receives a credit balance refund from Federal Student Aid Program funding based on anticipated enrollment and never begins academic activity, the student is responsible to repay the credit balance immediately.  If they do not repay immediately, they are reported to the US Department of Education and are not eligible to receive Federal Student Aid funding at any college until the overpayment is resolved with the US Department of Education.

Students who begin attending classes then withdraw from all classes are reviewed to determine whether or not financial aid for the term of withdrawal must be re-calculated based on federal, state, or institutional requirements.    This determination is fully separate from the Norwich policy that identifies the amount of tuition or other charges the student is responsible to pay for the term of withdraw.   The calculated remaining aid will be applied against the separately calculated balance due after withdraw and in some cases the student may still owe a balance due after the amount of aid they are eligible to retain is subtracted from their final charges.

Students who begin attendance and then fully withdraw from all classes remain eligible for their Federal Student Aid Program grants and loans at a level reflective of the length of time they were enrolled for the term of withdrawal.    Once the student has attended over 60% of the term based on total calendar days in the term, no adjustments to Federal Student Aid Program funding are required.   For example, a student enrolled for 38% of the term may retain only 38% of the Federal Student Aid Program dollars they received for that same term, but if the same student attends for 75% of the term they are eligible to retain 100% of the financial aid they have received.   If funds must be returned to the programs, the student’s loan obligations are reduced before any reduction to grant funding takes place.

State grant return criteria varies by state while following the same basic concepts described for the Federal Student Aid Programs.   Norwich scholarships and need-based grants are also adjusted to reflect the reduced enrollment time frame.   Consideration is made to allow a higher percentage of institutional funding to remain on the student’s account when compared to the Federal program remaining percentage.  This is done to help reduce any post withdraw balance due and is not a commitment in any manner that the student’s balance due will be paid in full by the financial aid programs.

Because the student may remain responsible for a portion of their tuition charges depending on their withdraw date, it is not uncommon for students to owe a remaining balance to the college after all account adjustments have been completed.

Total withdrawal from all courses also impacts student eligibility based on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) considerations.  Please review our Financial Aid SAP Policy information for details.

Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy

Federal regulations require schools to have a Satisfactory Academic Progress policy to enforce the statutory requirement that a student must be making satisfactory academic progress toward degree completion to be eligible for Federal Student Aid Program funding.   The same measurements are used to determine eligibility for institutional grants and funds received through the student’s state, although specific rules may vary by state.

The policies described in this section are effective starting with the 2016-17 award year.   For CGCS online graduate students, this began with the June Summer 2016 Semester.  For all undergraduate and on-campus graduate students, this begins with the Fall/September 2016 Semester.

The policy is based on cumulative outcomes and includes any periods of enrollment during which the student did not receive aid from the Federal Student Aid Programs. Students applying for aid or receiving aid are subject to the regulations.   The Norwich University Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress policy includes the following:

  • Qualitative measure – the cumulative grade point average (GPA)
  • Quantitative measure of progress – the percentage of degree required attempted credit hours which are completed and a maximum time frame in which a student is expected to complete their program.

The Satisfactory Academic Progress policy at Norwich University has been developed to ensure that the financial aid program at Norwich University adheres to the requirements set forth by federal aid regulations. An assessment of the student academic progress will be made after each term of enrollment.

Qualitative Measures – Required GPA
Course withdrawals, incomplete courses, and pass/fail graded courses are not counted in the student’s grade point average and are not counted in the qualitative measure of the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.  Incomplete grades will be counted as failed grades for financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress review purposes after 30 days from the end of each term.  

Undergraduate programs require the following grade point average to be considered in good standing, based on progression of credits earned by the student.

Number of Credits EarnedMinimum Cumulative GPA
0-17 1.6
18-34 1.8
35+ 2.0

Graduate program students must achieve and maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA requirement to remain eligible for Federal Student Aid Program funding.    Students may be expected to achieve and maintain a higher cumulative GPA (3.0 in most cases) to be considered eligible for continued enrollment in their academic program. Students who become ineligible for enrollment as a degree seeking student also become ineligible for financial aid funding regardless of cumulative GPA.

Quantitative Measures
The quantitative measurement of Satisfactory Progress is monitored according to the following guidelines:

  • Maximum Time-frame: Students are eligible for Federal Student Aid Program funding for maximum time-frame lasting 150% of the normal time needed to complete their program of study.   This measurement is based on comparison of the number of credit hours completed in relation to number of credits attempted toward degree requirements.  The measurements are not based on calendar dates.
    • General examples:  Undergraduate students may receive aid for up to six years of enrollment toward attainment of a four year degree and graduate students may receive aid for up to three years toward attainment of a two year degree.
    • Specific example:   Undergraduate students in programs requiring 120 credits to graduate are eligible for aid for up to 180 attempted credits.
  • Pace of Progress:  Students must complete at least 67% of their attempt courses throughout enrollment to sustain a proper "pace of progress" toward degree attainment. This measurement is based on review of both cumulative and term-by-term attempted credit information.  This measurement indicates whether or not the student's academic outcome trajectory makes it possible for them to complete their degree requirements prior to attempting 150% of the total credits needed for program degree requirements (also see Maximum Time-frame).
    • Undergraduate students must maintain the 67% “Pace of Progress” throughout enrollment.
    • Graduate students must meet the 67% Pace of Progress after attempting 18 credit hours and they must maintain the 67% Pace of Progress throughout the remainder of enrollment beyond 18 attempted credit hours.   
    • Students with Pace of Progress trajectories indicating it is no longer mathematically possible to complete their degree within the 150% maximum time-frame requirement become ineligible financial aid regardless of GPA.
      • Example: For a program requiring 124 credits, the student must complete their program by the time they have attempted 186 credits. If a student in this program has completed only 80 credits of the first 150 attempted, they would no longer be eligible for aid because they have 44 required credits remaining (124 minus 80) but only 36 remaining credits of financial aid eligibility.
  • Course withdrawals and incomplete courses are counted in the credit hours attempted, but not credits hours earned.
  • Transfer-in credit hours are included in the review of quantitative SAP measurements.
  • An Attempted Credit is any credit hour that remains on the student's registration transcript at the end of the add/drop time frame for a term.
  • A Completed Credit indicates that the student attended the full term and received a grade other than Incomplete. A Completed Credit can be either a pass/fail grade or an A through F letter grade.
  • Pass/Fail graded courses count as attempted and/or completed credits for quantitative measurement purposes.  

When Students Fall Below Standards
Students not meeting the qualitative or quantitative measurements receive information describing how their academic status impacts their eligibility for funding. Here are key terms related to our academic progress policy and procedures.

Good Standing

To be considered in Good Standing for financial aid SAP, students must be meeting both the qualitative and the quantitative SAP requirements for their academic program.   Students who withdraw from all classes during a term of enrolment are not considered to be in Good Standing.

After the first semester below standard on either qualitative or quantitative measurements, the student receives a “Warning Letter”. The purpose of this letter is to remind the student of Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements and to provide information about the campus-based resources available to help them succeed in the classroom. The student is not required to submit any documentation at this stage. Funds for the next term are disbursed at the standard times.

Students in Good Standing at the end of prior term who withdraw from all classes during a current term of enrolment are placed into SAP Warning status regardless of GPA or Pace of Progress considerations.

A student in Warning status that does not return to Good Standing based on both the cumulative qualitative and quantitative measurements after enrollment in a subsequent term is placed into financial aid SAP Suspension status.  This may be due to being below either the cumulative or quantitative measurement at that time.   Students in Warning status who withdraw from all courses during their next term of enrollment are placed into SAP Suspension status.

Financial Aid SAP Suspensions are effective immediately. For example, if a student is suspended based on the review at the end of Fall Semester, their financial aid for the next term of enrollment (typically Spring) will not be disbursed.

Students placed into Suspension status are notified of the reason for their suspension.  The Suspension letter includes information related to academic progress expectations and describes the process for filing a Petition for Reinstatement if unusual circumstances have impacted the student’s ability to succeed in class.

Students in suspended financial aid status are considered to be “self pay” students for any period of enrollment they attend prior to receiving approval of their Petition for Reinstatement.

Petition for Reinstatement
Students placed into Financial Aid SAP Suspension are encouraged to file a Petition for Reinstatement as soon as possible after being notified of their status.

The Petition form directs the student to provide a signed statement indicating the reasons why they feel they are not meeting Good Standing expectations and what they have done to eliminate the barriers to success. The student must meet with their Academic Adviser or the Academic Achievement Center to discuss their academic support needs: an “adviser signature” is required on the form. The student must also obtain and provide a copy of an updated academic plan which describes the remaining required courses and other academic requirements for their degree.

If the student Petition is approved, the approval is effective immediately. This means that the student will be eligible for funding for the term during which the Petition is approved or for their next term of enrollment if they do not attend the very next term.

Not all Petitions are approved and our policy is to approve no more than two Petitions for any student throughout their enrollment. Students may not receive approvals for multiple Petitions which are based on the same rationale.

Probationary Period
Students with approved Petitions receive financial aid on a probationary basis.   They are provided individual outcome requirements that must be met each term in order to remain eligible for aid until returning fully to Good Standing. Students who do not meet the Probationary Period expectations are re-suspended and may submit an additional Petition for Reinstatement. An example of an individual probationary expectation is that a student may be expected to complete all of their attempted credits and receive at least a 2.0 undergraduate, or 3.0 graduate, GPA for each semester of enrollment until the student returns to “Good Standing” levels.

Regaining Eligibility
In addition to Petition for Reinstatement reviews, students may request reinstatement of eligibility when they return fully to Good Standing based on attendance as a self-pay student at Norwich University.

Students demonstrating ability to meet Good Standing expectations through completion of courses taken at another school which are transferable to their Norwich University degree may also request a reinstatement review, even if the student has had two prior Petition approvals as allowed by the SAP policy. These students are also encouraged to discuss their remaining eligibility with Student Financial Planning as it relates to maximum eligibility (150% of program) concepts.