Norwich University awards the following degrees: Bachelor of Arts; Bachelor of Science; Master of Arts, Master in Science, Master of Architecture; Master of Business Administration; Master of Civil Engineering.
Degree candidates are subject to the degree/Major requirements of the class year to which they are assigned at the time of their admission, or readmission, to the degree program.
Bachelor of Arts
The Bachelor of Arts degree is awarded with Majors in Criminal justice, Chinese, English, History, International Studies, Political Science, Psychology, Spanish, and Studies in War and Peace.
- 108 credits.
- A minimum of 24 credits in the major completed with a grade of C or higher (The number of credits will vary per major and may be up to 30).
- World Literature I EN 201 and World Literature II EN 202
- Knowledge of a modern language as indicated by passing an achievement test administered by the Department of Modern Languages; or by passing a 6 credit course at the 112 level, or by passing one 3 credit course level 206 or higher. Modern Language courses
taught in English do not satisfy this requirement.
- The Foreign Language Placement Test is used for placement in Norwich language courses only.
- No credits toward graduation are awarded based on the student’s score on this test. Students who place out of the 111/ 112 level must replace these six credits with six free elective credits.
- Six credits in two of the following areas (students must complete an additional course to meet the Arts and Humanities General Education
- Communications: CM 109, CM 261, CM 335,CM 436
- English: All EN courses above EN 204 except EN 240, EN 241 EN 204,EN 242
- Fine Arts: FA 221, FA 222, FA 240, FA 250
- Music: MU 101, MU 271
- Philosophy: All PH courses
- Modern Language: all CN, FR, GR, SP courses 205 and above. These cannot be the same modern language courses used to meet the requirements listed in number 4 above
- Nine credits in two of the following areas (students must complete an additional course to meet Social Science General Education requirement):
Bachelor of Science
The Bachelor of Science degree is awarded in accounting, architectural studies, athletic training, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, civil engineering, communications, computer security and information assurance, computer science, education, electrical and computer engineering, construction management, environmental science with concentrations in engineering or science, and outside the sciences, geology, management, mathematics, mechanical engineering, nursing, physical education, physics, and sports medicine.
For BS requirements, refer to the specific major section of this catalog.
Two Degree Programs
Well-qualified students may elect to fulfill the requirements of the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science, or two Bachelor of Science degrees, in a program directed toward two degrees; subject to the approval of the departments or schools concerned. Two degrees may take more than four years to complete.
A student may elect to earn two majors. Such action requires the approval of both departments.