Academic Policies

Academic Policies affect all students.  If a student believes s/he has an extenuating circumstance for why a policy should be waived s/he must submit an Academic Petition available on the Registrar's SharePoint site, to the College Dean of the course or College Dean of the major. A decision made by the College Dean that is not satisfactory to the student will then appeal to the Committee on Academic Standards and Degrees (CASD) completing an appeal form available on the Registrar's SharePoint site. In instances where the College Dean is not the final authority, the petition will be routed to CASD. Curricular waivers or substitutions are to be directed to the Department Chair while General Education and Bachelor of Arts Supplement petition requests will be reviewed by CASD.