Academic honors for full-time undergraduate students, recognize University Scholars and students on the Dean’s List and are announced at the Fall Convocation.
Full-time undergraduate students, who for both the Fall and Spring Semester of the previous academic year earned not only placement on the Dean’s List, but also a current cumulative grade point average of no less than 3.50.
Dean’s List Recipients
Full-time undergraduate students, who during either the previous Fall or Spring semester, had no failures, carried at least twelve credits, and earned a semester academic grade-point average of at least 3.0. Dean's List honors are noted on the official transcrpt.
Undergraduate degree candidates whose final cumulative grade point average (GPA), when the degree is conferred. meets the qualifications listed below:
- Summa Cum Laude, 4.0 to 3.60
- Magna Cum Laude, 3.59 to 3.30
- Cum Laude, 3.29 to 3.0
- Latin Honors posted on the official transcript after the final term of enrollment
- Latiin Honors printed on the diploma are based on the final cumulative GPA for Fall and Summer graduates.
- Latin Honors printed on the diploma for Spring graduates are based on the cumulative GPA from the previous Fall semester.
A fulltime bachelor’s degree program graduate, who has the highest culative GPA (at the beginning of Spring Semester,) based on a minimum of 90 Norwich credits, and enrolled in courses that will complete all degree requirements. This award is given at May Commencement.