Center for Student Success
The Center for Student Success (CSS) provides guidance, support, and advocacy for all students to significantly improve the academic and social integration necessary to enhance the quality of their college experience.
CSS assists students as they matriculate, from year to year, with programs that provide social adjustment, academic and financial support, advising, coaching and mentoring. CSS' focus is on the support, success and satisfaction of all Norwich students while assisting them with all of the necessary resources to successfully graduate.
On an institutional level, CSS explores academic and social trends derived from data to create new initiatives and assist the university to improve the overall student experience.
The Center for Student Success has two major areas of focus:
Overall student experience to include:
- Transition from high school to college
- Provide guidance, support, and advocacy for students on various issues; i.e social, personal, and financial well being
- Identifying struggling students and outreaching to create individualized solutions
Overall student Veterans’ experience to include:
- Transition from the military to civilian life
- Certification and military educational benefits
- Finances and paying for college
- Transition to collegiate academics
- Counseling services
- Academic success planning