Accreditations and Force of Publication Statement
Norwich University is accredited by New England Commission of Higher Education. Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the Commission should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
College of Liberal Arts:
The Education Teacher Licensure program--available in secondary and elementary tracks--are accepted for teaching licenses in Vermont and several other New England and Middle Atlantic states where the State of Vermont has interstate licensure agreements.
College of Professional Schools:
- The B.S. in Nursing major is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202)-887-8476 and approved by the Vermont State Board of Nursing, Office of Professional Regulations, 89 Main Street 3rd Floor, Montpelier, VT 05520-2482, (802) 828-2396.
- The Civil Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- The Bachelor of Science in Construction Management is accredited by the Applied Science Accreditation Commissions (ASAC) of ABET
- Additionally, the University is a member of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE).
- The B.S in Architecture major is accredited by the National Architecture Accreditation Board (NAAB).
- Additionally the University is a member of the Associate of Collegiate Schools of Architecture (ACS) and the Architectural Research Centers Consortium (ARCC)
- The B.S in Accounting and B.S. in Management majors are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- The Master in Architecture major is accredited by the National Architecture Accreditation Board (NAAB).
- The B.S. in Engineering major is designed to be accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET. 415 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD, 21201, 1.410.347.7700.
- Norwich University is one of very few academic institutions to be designated as both a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education since 2001, by the National Security Agency of the United States of America) and a Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence (since 2012, by the Defense Cyber Crime Center of the United States Air Force Office of Special Operations).
College of Science & Math:
- The Physical Education Teacher Licensure program--available in secondary and elementary tracks--is accepted for teaching licenses in Vermont and several other New England and Middle Atlantic states where the State of Vermont has interstate licensure agreements.
- The Athletic Training Program is accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
College of Graduate & Continuing Studies:
- The Master of Business Administration program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- The Master of Business Administration, Project Management concentration is accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC)
- The Master of Science in Nursing Administration programs are accredited by the the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Vermont State Board of Nursing (VSBN). .
- The Master of Science in Nursing Education program is approved by the Vermont State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- The Master of Business Administration degree is accredited by the Project Management Institute.
Force of Publication
The statements set forth in this catalog are for informational purposes only and should not be construed as the basis of a contract between a student and Norwich University.
While the provisions of this catalog will ordinarily be applied as stated, Norwich University reserves the right to change any provision listed in this catalog, including but not limited to, academic requirements for graduation and schedules for course offerings; without actual notice to individual students. Every effort will be made to keep students advised of any such changes. Information on changes will be made available in the Academic Colleges and the Registrar's Office.
It is especially important that students note it is their responsibility to keep themselves apprised of current graduation requirements for their particular degree, major, and minor degree program(s). Degree Audits are available electronically through BannerWeb to help students stay current with degree/major/minor requirements.
This catalog is prepared to enable prospective and enrolled students, and others, to learn about Norwich University. It is also intended to explain policies, requirements, regulations and procedures in a manner that will help the student progress through the University. Faculty, advisers and staff at the Norwich University will provide assistance, but ultimately the responsibility for compliance rests with the student.